Titles too short

Ejekel's picture

Hi guys. Browsing the video pages it seems 80% of titles are cut too short, and there is not a second line to accommodate the rest of the title.

Critikal's picture
Beta Testercock

I'll have to think about how to make this better. Maybe making the font size a little smaller and/or making the screenshot a little smaller to accomodate a second line (or just more characters).

+1
Vote comment up/down
hell_viper1's picture
Beta Tester

IMO, its pretty much fine since you can hover over and see the full title. Plus in 90% of cases, the length is enough to know what the video is.

I'd suggest going with a slightly smaller font, but dont think we should have a second line. If we did, then the format would probably look funny when half the videos have 1 line, and the other half have 2.

You could also widen the overall width of the boxes maybe? Most people have larger screens now that would accomodate that I think

+1
Vote comment up/down
Critikal's picture
Beta Testercock

It should scale up to a predefined min and max size.

If you put your browser on windowed mode and manually adjust the window size you'll see what I mean.

One thing I haven't checked extensively is mobile format. I know the sidebar gets cut off a little, but that's fixed by requesting the desktop version.

+1
Vote comment up/down
hell_viper1's picture
Beta Tester

Yes, the boxes scale but the titles dont. So making your window bigger doesnt allow more of the title to be displayed

+1
Vote comment up/down